Subject: bug#4275: 23.1; Printing

From: "Timothy P. M. Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:29:56 -0400

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste them here! *** 

I try to print the current buffer to my network printer (via an IP address)
using the icon at the top of the window, but receive the following error: 

Spooling with options (page headers are not supported)...

direct-print-region-helper: Opening output file: permission denied,
c:/HPDIU_10.38.0.127

It seems as though emacs is trying to print to a file with the printer name
rather than the printer itself.   If I change the default printer I get the
same error but with the new IP address.  Is this a bug or an error in my
configuartion? I am new to emacs and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Timothy Johnson

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6002)

 of 2009-07-30 on SOFT-MJASON

Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.0.6002

configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4)'

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: ENU

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:

  tooltip-mode: t

  tool-bar-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  global-auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-2> <help-echo> <tool-bar> <print-buffer> <tool-bar> 

<print-buffer> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<tool-bar> <print-buffer> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report> 

p r <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <tool-bar> <print-buffer> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<escape> <escape> <escape> <escape> <help-echo> <tool-bar> 

<print-buffer> <help-echo> <escape> <help-echo> <tool-bar> 

<print-buffer> <help-echo> <escape> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<help-echo> <tool-bar> <print-buffer> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<down-mouse-1> <drag-mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <help-echo> 

C-x C-b <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> 

<drag-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <help-echo> 

<mouse-2> <help-echo> C-x C-b <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <tool-bar> <copy> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 

<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:

direct-print-region-helper: Opening output file: permission denied,
c:/HPDIU_10.38.0.127

Spooling with options (page headers are not supported)...

direct-print-region-helper: Opening output file: permission denied,
c:/HPDIU_10.38.0.127

Spooling with options (page headers are not supported)...

direct-print-region-helper: Opening output file: permission denied,
c:/HPDIU_10.38.0.127

call-interactively: Text is read-only

Spooling with options (page headers are not supported)...

direct-print-region-helper: Opening output file: permission denied,
c:/HPDIU_10.38.0.127

Quit

Spooling with options (page headers are not supported)...

direct-print-region-helper: Opening output file: permission denied,
c:/HPDIU_10.38.0.127