Subject: 28.0.50; eval-and-compile

From: Helmut Eller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 09:57:20 +0200

Compiling this example:

  (require 'cl-lib)
  (cl-macrolet ((foo () '123))
    (eval-and-compile (foo)))

with

  emacs -Q --batch -f batch-byte-compile bug.el

prints:

  In toplevel form:
  bug.el:2:1: Error: Symbol’s function definition is void: foo

I think when compiling eval-and-compile the macro-environment is not
passed along properly.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 5, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-08-03 built on caladan
Repository revision: e1f09607e02eb507b229285ed48b85a3c6a50259
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)