Subject: Re: [bug#42690] add sbcl-cl-lambda-fiddle

From: Brett Gilio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 23:21:09 -0500

Adam Kandur <[email-masked]> writes:

> (define-public sbcl-cl-lambda-fiddle
>   (let ((commit "d16bba55acf6065b412f64ab8fdff679a4a32b1e")
> (revision "1"))
>     (package
>       (name "sbcl-lambda-fiddle")
>       (version (git-version "0.0.0" revision commit))
>       (source
>        (origin
>          (method git-fetch)
>          (uri (git-reference
>                (url "https://github.com/Shinmera/lambda-fiddle")
>                (commit commit)))
>          (file-name (git-file-name name version))
>          (sha256
>           (base32 "1zarj1pqjqmk95kdx1axkgpwy2wq3canczk7f9z5hvaw5an6gand"))))
>       (build-system asdf-build-system/sbcl)
>       (home-page "https://github.com/Shinmera/lambda-fiddle")
>       (synopsis "Lambda-fiddle is a collection of utilities to process lambda-lists.")
>       (description "Lambda-fiddle is a collection of utilities to process lambda-lists.
> Mostly useful in contexts where you want a macro that uses lambda-lists in some fashion but need more precise processing.")
>       (license license:zlib))))

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your submission. A few issues before we can proceed.

1. You have what I believe is a naming error (the cl in the name
probably should not be there, as we have a different purpose for cl-*
named packages).

2. The synopsis should not include the package name, and should not be
too close to the package description. See our packaging guidelines:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Packaging-Guidelines.html

3. Guix accepts pcontributions in the form of git patches, which give us
the extra metadata to be able to easily apply your contribution to our
git tree (and ensure you get the proper credit for your work!). Also
taking care to add yourself to the copyright header if not already
there. Please see our documentation on submitting git patches:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

Once we get these in order, we can merge your work!

Thanks,

Brett Gilio