Subject: [PATCH v2 0/9] Add qmk-cli

From: Fredrik Salomonsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 04:31:07 +0000

Hi,

Since it doesn't seem to be any activity on this issue I thought I'll pick up
where Jan left off.  The cli program has grown quite a bit since the last
patch in term of dependencies and is now required for you to be able to build
QMK Firmware.  I've only tested this with building my firmware for my
keyboard:

   guix shell avr-toolchain dfu-programmer qmk-cli -- qmk flash -kb kyria -km plattfot -bl dfu-split-left

It seems to be working fine though as I'm still able to type after that. 🙂

I opted to not propagate any packages (e.g. avr-toolchain, git, dfu-programmer
etc) given that it depends on what you are going to use the qmk cli for.  And
seems better to specify what you need as I've shown above when flashing my
keyboard.

I also added qmk-udev-rules to be able to use qmk cli without requiring root
when flashing.

I do get some warnings when running guix lint. Which I haven't figured out how
to resolve.

> gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm:27517:17: [email-masked]: use @code or
> similar ornament instead of quotes

Not sure what quotes it complains about as the quotes in the description are
wrapped in @code and is part of the code snippet.

> gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm:17147:15: [email-masked]: URI
> https://milc.clueboard.co/ returned suspiciously small file (337 bytes)

The url redirects to https://milc.clueboard.co/1.6, if I switch to that it
seems it still redirects.

> gnu/packages/hardware.scm:1416:12: [email-masked]: the source file
> name should contain the package name

Not entirely sure what this mean, as the udev file is in the qmk_firmware
repo.  Should I just redefine it using file-name in the origin declaration?

> gnu/packages/hardware.scm:1415:13: [email-masked]: can be upgraded to 6.1

The latest release for qmk_firmware is 0.20.5, I'm suspecting it is grabbing
6.1 from the planck-6.1 tag.  Can I just ignore this one?

Fredrik Salomonsson (9):
  gnu: Add python-hjson.
  gnu: Add python-log-symbols.
  gnu: Add python-spinners.
  gnu: Add python-halo.
  gnu: Add python-milc.
  gnu: Add python-dotty-dict.
  gnu: Add python-hid.
  gnu: Add qmk-cli.
  gnu: Add qmk-udev-rules.

 gnu/packages/hardware.scm   |  73 ++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/libusb.scm     |  56 +++++++++++
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm | 193 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 322 insertions(+)

base-commit: 5481aaacb5f60ba43d8db7e51cb7cc967d5eb55e
-- 
2.39.2