Subject: bug#42668: closed (Re: bug#42668: 26.1; Undefined functions when calling invoking project.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 14:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#42668: 26.1; Undefined functions when calling invoking project.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42668: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42668
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#42668: 26.1; Undefined functions when calling invoking project.el
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: "Philip K." <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 17:51:25 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 06.08.2020 00:00, Philip K. wrote:
> Sure, I hope this is ok:

Pushed, thank you.

(But see commit 09ba020328e9 with the further tweaks I made to the message.)

Subject: 26.1; Undefined functions when calling invoking project.el
From: [email-masked] (Philip K.)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 11:07:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When trying to to use some project.el commands, and noticed that there
are a (at least) two undefined functions right after loading project.el
in a vanilla session:

- The first complaint is seq-every-p, used by
  project--read-project-list, but this is "easily" solved by loading
  seq.el.
- The more critical complaint is that assoc-delete-all, used by 
  project--add-to-project-list-front and
  project--remove-from-project-list are not loaded or defined in Emacs
  26.
  My guess is that this function should be replaced by it's functionally
  equivalent code, that only uses functions available in Emacs 26?
  
In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2019-09-23, modified by Debian built on x86-grnet-01
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
custom-initialize-reset: Symbol’s function definition is void: assoc-delete-all
Saving file /home/phi/.emacs.d/elpa/project-0.5.0/project.el...
Wrote /home/phi/.emacs.d/elpa/project-0.5.0/project.el
Quit
Entering debugger...
Mark set
Back to top level
Entering debugger...
Back to top level

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --build
 x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-StqULU/emacs-26.1+1=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/phi/.emacs.d/elpa/project-0.5.0/project hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/progmodes/project
/home/phi/.emacs.d/elpa/flymake-1.0.9/flymake hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/phi/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow emacsbug eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe xref
find-func cl-print debug swiper bug-reference bookmark map vc-mtn vc-hg
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher project
subr-x help-fns radix-tree char-fold network-stream starttls url-http
tls gnutls url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth eww mm-url url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap shr svg xml dom browse-url nnmail gnus-int
gnus-range mail-source sort ffap tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete parse-time advice misearch
multi-isearch flyspell ispell mail-extr cl-extra help-mode vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode time-stamp qp vc-fossil rmailmm message rmc puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 paredit init ivy
delsel colir color ivy-overlay edmacro kmacro rx pcase dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
erc-goodies erc thingatpt pp erc-backend erc-compat format-spec gnus
nnheader gnus-util time sendmail rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils compile hippie-exp comint
ansi-color elec-pair recentf tree-widget saveplace savehist paren winner
ring cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit tex-site finder-inf
slime-autoloads info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib devhelp time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 465615 101116)
 (symbols 48 38230 1)
 (miscs 40 693 3645)
 (strings 32 115237 17474)
 (string-bytes 1 3036144)
 (vectors 16 57732)
 (vector-slots 8 1037505 74204)
 (floats 8 304 1052)
 (intervals 56 6627 2315)
 (buffers 992 27))

-- 
	Philip K.