Subject: Re: bug#42655: 27.1; iconify-frame on a Lucid build may stuck the frame

From: Bhavin Gandhi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 20:44:35 +0530

I was able to reproduce this with Lucid. I will try to read about
attaching debugger and post the results here.

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 at 19:59, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Also, I don't understand what you mean in your original report by
> "unresponsive frame" and "cannot insert characters".  Do you mean that
> Emacs is "stuck" and doesn't respond, or do you mean that the results
> of whatever you do are not displayed?

The latter. The frame gets frozen, whatever we do is not displayed.  The
menu bar is functional though.

> And what _do_ you see displayed when you "select the window displaying
> the Emacs GUI" after C-z?

It's just shown as frozen in a state before we press C-z. I ran M-x zone
and then pressed C-z, the frame was frozen with 'Zoning...sorry' in the
minibuffer.

> If the problem is with display, then does it help to type (blindly)
> "M-x redraw-display RET"?

No it doesn't. The only thing worked was to create a new frame.