Subject: emacs-27.1-rc1 one failure on x86_64

From: Jeffrey Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 10:00:43 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I'm building emacs-27.1-rc1 on x86_64. I'm seeing one failure in check-doit.

HOME=/nonexistent EMACSLOADPATH= LC_ALL=C
EMACS_TEST_DIRECTORY=/home/jwalton/Build-Scripts/emacs-27.1/test
"../src/emacs" --module-assertions --no-init-file --no-site-file
--no-site-lisp -L ":."  \
  -l ert  -l src/xml-tests \
  --batch --eval '(ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit (quote (not (or (tag
:expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))))' > src/xml-tests.log 2>&1 || {
STAT=$?; cat src/xml-tests.log; exit $STAT; }
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/jwalton/Build-Scripts/emacs-27.1/test'
Makefile:319: recipe for target 'check-doit' failed
make[2]: [check-doit] Error 2 (ignored)

SUMMARY OF TEST RESULTS
-----------------------
Files examined: 267
Ran 3885 tests, 3798 results as expected, 1 unexpected, 86 skipped
1 files contained unexpected results:
  lisp/cedet/srecode-utest-template.log
Makefile:319: recipe for target 'check-doit' failed
make[2]: *** [check-doit] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/jwalton/Build-Scripts/emacs-27.1/test'
Makefile:289: recipe for target 'check' failed
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jwalton/Build-Scripts/emacs-27.1/test'
Makefile:959: recipe for target 'check' failed
make: *** [check] Error 2

And:

emacs-27.1$ cat test/lisp/cedet/srecode-utest-template.log
Running 2 tests (2020-08-01 09:54:44-0400, selector `(not (or (tag
:expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))')
Test srecode-utest-project backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should-not "Failed to load app specific te
  ert-fail(((should-not "Failed to load app specific template when ava
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x155f75234c75>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name srecode-utest-project :documentation
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or (tag :expensi
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/cedet/srecode-utest-
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test srecode-utest-project condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should-not "Failed to load app specific template when available.")
      :form "Failed to load app specific template when available."
:value "Failed to load app specific template when available."))
   FAILED  1/2  srecode-utest-project (0.061891 sec)
Warning: macro "COMMENT" was not found in the dictionary.
Warning: macro "INPUTNAME" was not found in the dictionary.
Warning: macro "INPUTNAME" was not found in the dictionary.
Warning: macro "COMMENT" was not found in the dictionary.
   passed  2/2  srecode-utest-template-output (0.005450 sec)

Ran 2 tests, 1 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2020-08-01
09:54:45-0400, 0.126763 sec)

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  srecode-utest-project

jwalton@coffee:~/Build-Scripts/emacs-27.1$