Subject: bug#42618: epiphany does not display Chinese

From: Wensheng Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 20:58:20 +0800

Using guix 1.1.0

guix (GNU Guix) 2621c6a9ea726cd57c39317329575b7b9fdd7b96

error:
@guix ~$ epiphany 

** (epiphany:1968): CRITICAL **: 20:43:43.285: void webkit_web_context_register_uri_scheme(WebKitWebContext*, const char*, WebKitURISchemeRequestCallback, gpointer, GDestroyNotify): assertion 'g_ascii_strcasecmp(scheme, "ftp") != 0' failed

(process:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:43:45.107: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(process:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:43:45.117: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(process:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:43:45.458: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(process:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:43:45.573: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(process:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:43:45.848: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(process:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:43:45.915: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(process:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:43:46.093: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.

=======
using nyxt browser, the Chinese is displayed correctly.

How can I fix this?

best regards,
wxie