Subject: bug#42605: 28.0.50; File lines in find-dired buffers not updated

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 23:28:24 +0200

Hi,

I run M-x find-dired and get a dired buffer.  When I delete any file in
that buffer, the file's line is not removed from the buffer.  This is
sometimes a bit annoying (and not really useful I guess?).  Dunno what
other kinds of dired buffers and file actions are also affected.

One aspect of the issue is that `dired-fun-in-all-buffers' and
`dired-buffers-for-dir', which the former is based on, only consider
dired buffers in the `dired-buffers' variable, which, AFAICT, doesn't
include such "non-standard" dired buffers.  I also dunno whether looking
in the buffer's `dired-subdir-alist' would be sufficient in my case.

OTOH, when I delete a file in a buffer, dired could be smart enough to
guess that the current buffer does include the file.

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 159, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-07-29 built on drachen
Repository revision: 4250db4ac5291554182e688e36e42e99ffe6f889
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid