Subject: bug#42601: Guix install bug: error: Unbound variable: ~S

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 19:57:35 +0200

Jan Wielkiewicz <[email-masked]> writes:

> It seems it's not about the name, but the package - I changed the name
> to "qmk" and it still doesn't work. Not that this is an excuse for
> writing such a strange message.
>
> Make output:
>
> [100%] GUILEC   gnu/packages/hardware.go
> gnu/packages/hardware.scm:486:4: warning: possibly unbound variable
> `arm-none-eabi-toolchain' gnu/packages/hardware.scm:486:4: warning:
> possibly unbound variable `avr-toolchain'
> gnu/packages/hardware.scm:486:4: warning: possibly unbound variable
> `dfu-programmer' gnu/packages/hardware.scm:486:4: warning: possibly
> unbound variable `dfu-util'

What is the actual diff?  I see that (gnu packages hardware) does not
import (gnu packages avr), so it’s expected that “avr-toolchain” cannot
be found.

-- 
Ricardo