Subject: 23.1.50; tramp is loading unnecessarily

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:20:31 +0200

Hello!

When I type C-x d /Vol TAB to visit a local directory and expand its  
name TRAMP is loaded without reason.

When I launch GNU Emacs as

	src/emacs-23.1.50.1 -Q lisp/emacs-lisp &

TRAMP is not loaded. It is also not loaded when I type

	C-x d M-DEL inter TAB RET

When I type

	C-x d / RET

TRAMP is not loaded. When I now type

	C-x d Vol TAB

TRAMP is loaded. When I am (in new session and in the same test  
sequence) in / and move the text cursor onto the Volumes entry and  
press f TRAMP is not loaded.

When I launch GNU Emacs as

	src/emacs-23.1.50.1 -Q /Volumes &

TRAMP is not loaded. When I f(ollow) into a sub-directory TRAMP is  
neither loaded.

Why is TRAMP loaded at all in some situation when I try to access a  
local file system?

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d  
scroll bars)
  of 2009-08-25 on Latsche.local
Windowing system distributor `The XFree86 Project, Inc', version  
11.0.40400000
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-pop' '-- 
without-dbus' '--with-x-toolkit=athena' '--enable-locallisppath=/ 
Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar23:/Library/Application  
Support/Emacs' 'CPPFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp -I/sw/include -I/sw/lib/ 
pango-ft219/include/pango-1.0 -idirafter -I/usr/X11R6/include'  
'CFLAGS=-ggdb3 -gfull -mtraceback=full -Wno-pointer-sign -H -pipe - 
fPIC -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -fast -mpim-altivec -ftree-vectorize - 
foptimize-register-move -freorder-blocks -fthread-jumps -fpeephole - 
fno-crossjumping' 'LDFLAGS=-dead_strip -multiply_defined suppress -L/ 
sw/lib' 'C_SWITCH_X_SITE=-idirafter -I/usr/X11R6/include''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x 2 C-x b <return> C-x o
C-x d / <return> <next> <up> <up> <up> <up> f <down>
f <escape> > s <prior> <home> <escape> < s C-x d /
V o <tab> C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [2 times]
Loading tramp...done
Quit

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for «  
entrepreneur ».
				– Georges W. Bush