Subject: Re: [bug#42594] [PATCH] gnu: python-sqlparse: Update to 0.3.1.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 00:52:49 +0200

Michael Rohleder <[email-masked]> writes:

> on trying to fix mycli:
>
> tested this with building patchwork, postorius, mycli, python2-sqlparse
> (which alltogether builds and tests a lot of other packages), so this
> should ok.

Awesome, thanks for checking dependent packages.

> (would also "fix" #41308)

Oh, good catch.

> * gnu/packages/databases.scm (python-sqlparse): Update to 0.3.1.

By the way, can you use 'git format-patch' to generate the attached
patches?  Currently I need to 'git am' the entire email and edit out the
text body from the commit message.

Another popular alternative is to use 'git send-email' directly to send
git-formatted patches directly, and add the text body after this line:

> ---
>  gnu/packages/databases.scm | 5 +++--
>  1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

... i.e. here, to avoid it from becoming part of the commit message.

Anyway, applied!