Subject: bug#4259: Cannot indent fortran continue statement in emacs 23

From: Ushnish Basu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:09:30 -0700

Hello,

I believe I came across a bug in the latest version of the fortran mode 
in emacs 23. Currently I am using version 23.1.1, but I did not have 
this problem with 23.0.60 from CVS.

Please see the following sample code - I have arranged it as such only 
to illustrate the problem:

       subroutine first
       do 10 i=1,10
  10     continue
       end
       do 20 i=1,100
  20     continue

If I run fortran-indent-line on the first continue (label 10) it works 
fine. However, if I run it on the second one (label 20), I get the error:

fortran-check-end-prog-re: Lisp nesting exceeds 'max-lisp-eval-depth'

presumably because it is after the 'end'

If I increase max-lisp-eval-depth (and max-specpdl-size) to 10000, then 
I get the error

fortran-check-end-prog-re: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size

Is this something that has been fixed in CVS?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Ushnish