Subject: [bug#42586] [PATCH] emacs-google-translate

From: Brett Gilio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 22:45:03 -0500

[email-masked] (André Alexandre Gomes) writes:

> I missed the attachment in the last message, sorry!
>
> diff --git a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
> index 8618a07a21..36f8d27743 100644
> --- a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
> +++ b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
> @@ -78,6 +78,7 @@
>  ;;; Copyright © 2020 Eric Bavier <[email-masked]>
>  ;;; Copyright © 2020 Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
>  ;;; Copyright © 2020 Peng Mei Yu <[email-masked]>
> +;;; Copyright © 2020 André A. Gomes <[email-masked]>
>  ;;;
>  ;;; This file is part of GNU Guix.
>  ;;;
> @@ -16975,7 +16976,7 @@ the GIF result.")
>  (define-public emacs-google-translate
>    (package
>      (name "emacs-google-translate")
> -    (version "0.11.18")
> +    (version "0.12.0")
>      (source
>       (origin
>         (method git-fetch)

Hello Andre,

Thank you for your contribution. There are a few problems we need to
address before continuing. I will try to explain:

1. Each package comes with a checksum hash that needs to match to verify
the authenticity of the originating source. You modified the version,
but did not update that hash. This has can be obtained directly through
git or by running our build system on your change and letting the build
fail and it'll output the correct hash. On that note, please make sure
you are checking your changes by running the build system against them,
it would have caught this discrepency.

2. Your submission appears to be a git diff, we use git formatted
patches emailed through git send-mail to share and apply patches in our
work tree. Will you please resend your change (with the revised checksum
hash) using git format-patch and git send-mail? When doing so, please
take care to review our commit message protocol. These can be reviewed
from our contributing page.

If you need further explanations, or can not find the links to the
information I am referencing, let me know!

Thanks,
Brett Gilio