Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] gnu: llvm: Move dynamic libraries to a separate "lib" output.

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 10:49:06 +0200

Hi Jakub,

Jakub Kądziołka <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pierre,
>
> please note that cmake seems to store a list of files installed by the
> package, which broke cmake-using dependents of clang when we attempted
> to change the set of files installed: http://issues.guix.gnu.org/41872
>
> Did you try building something that depends on LLVM and uses
> cmake-build-system?

It is broken indeed, this is one of the things that need to be fixed
before we can merge this patch.

In issue 41872 the problem is with missing .a files.
A similar issue occurs here since we move files around, but the CMake
files are not aware of the move.

One possible fix would be to patch the CMake files with the new locations.
This is rather inelegant though.

A better fix would be to configure CMake to produce the various files
directly to the right location, e.g. the binary files, the headers and
the libraries to their own respective outputs.

Any clue if we can do that?

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/