Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] gnu: llvm: Move dynamic libraries to a separate "lib" output.

From: Jakub Kądziołka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 20:09:44 +0200

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 11:58:22AM +0200, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
> * gnu/packages/llvm.scm (llvm)[arguments]: Set configure-flags to build
> a dynamic library bundle in the "lib" output.
> Add phases to move the /bin and /include directories to the "out" output.
> 
> The goal of this change is to reduce the closure size of LLVM dependents.
> 
> - The dynamic library bundles saves a few dozen MiB over the separate dynamic
>   libraries.
> 
> - Removing the /bin and the /include directories from the dependent input
>   saves about 35 MiB for LLVM 10.

Pierre,

please note that cmake seems to store a list of files installed by the
package, which broke cmake-using dependents of clang when we attempted
to change the set of files installed: http://issues.guix.gnu.org/41872

Did you try building something that depends on LLVM and uses
cmake-build-system?

Regards,
Jakub Kądziołka