Subject: 27.0.91; Eldoc error void-function elisp-eldoc-funcall

From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 16:25:46 -0400

When Eldoc 1.5.0 is installed from ELPA, Emacs 27 reports error "eldoc error: (void-function elisp-eldoc-funcall)”.

To reproduce:
- Start Emacs and load eldoc.el v1.5.0
- type M-: and type something in the minibuffer

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0, NS appkit-1894.50 Version 10.15.5 (Build 19F101))
of 2020-07-27 built on Brown
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.5

Recent messages:
Loading vc/ediff-hook...done
Loading uniquify...done
Loading electric...done
Loading emacs-lisp/eldoc...done
Loading cus-start...done
Loading tooltip...done
Loading /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/leim/leim-list.el (source)...done
Finding pointers to doc strings...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading loadup.el (source)...done

Configured using:
'configure --with-modules --with-pdumper=yes
--oldincludedir=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/libxml2/
--with-ns
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/zlib/1.2.8/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/X11/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XIM NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/mail/metamail hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete/metamail
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/sb-image hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete/sb-image

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-macs gv
easy-mmode cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip cus-start eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 273630 16787)
(symbols 48 20909 2)
(strings 32 56595 2057)
(string-bytes 1 2402050)
(vectors 16 51729)
(vector-slots 8 1412176 66054)
(floats 8 187 63)
(intervals 56 219 0)
(buffers 1000 12))