Subject: bug#42562: Problem with rendering Persian text still exists in minibuffer and dired

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 09:06:11 +0300

> From: Sineau Gh <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 10:08:43 +0430
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> This can't be the problem, because even if I don't set a font on my
> config, the font which selected automatically by emacs is also rendered
> disjointed. But to make sure this isn't the case, I removed two
> compatible fonts that are automatically selected (namely, Vazir and
> Noto, both of which have great Persian support). The default font is now DejaVu
> Mono, which is again rendered disjointed.

Is this in "emacs -Q"?  If so, then this is contrary to what everyone
else sees with Emacs 27, so there must be some other factor at work
here.

In any case, I repeat the previous request: please provide a recipe
for reproducing the problem, starting with "emacs -Q".  For example,
if this happens in Dired, then the recipe could be something like
this:

  . create a directory with files named .... (here show the exact
    names of the file names to create)
  . start Dired on that directory
  . observe that file names ... (state the problematic file names) are
    rendered incorrectly (here please attach a screenshot of the
    incorrect display, and another one of how these file names should
    look when rendered correctly)

If some other non-default setting should be used, such as
column-number-mode or something else, please include those settings in
the recipe.

Such a recipe is required to debug the problem.  Based on previous
experience, once a recipe is provided, the solution is found very
quickly, but before the recipe is provided there's almost no progress
in investigating the problem.

Thanks.