Subject: bug#42553: python-gevent is broken on i686-linux (tests fail)

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 10:15:09 -0400

Hi Jakub,

Jakub Kądziołka <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu Jul 14, 2022 at 4:40 AM CEST, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>> Finally disabled the test in 692c2ad327.
>>
>> Closing.
>
> Are we sure this is the appropriate course of action? It sounds like the
> test is exposing a bug in our packaging that might affect users of
> python-gevent. It might be better to have the package build than not, of
> course, but still we might want to investigate why the test fails.

The issue was reported and closed upstream many versions ago.  I'm
positive python-gevent works fine in Guix.  It's just the test_unlink
test that fails for unknown reasons on i686.  I wouldn't loose sleep on
it.

Thanks,

Maxim