Subject: [bug#42549] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-standard-dirs.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 12:37:39 +0200

Hello,

"LaFreniere, Joseph" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Patch file is attached.  Disclaimer that I am the author of the
> upstream package.

Thank you.

> Even though Guix does not (to the best of my knowledge) currently
> support macOS, I left the paragraph about behavior in macOS in the
> description because cross-platform support for users of multiple
> operating systems was one of my primary motivations for writing the
> package.

I suggest to eschew the problem and stick to the first sentence of the
description:

  This package provides platform-specific paths for reading and writing
  configuration, cache, and other data.

I think this is enough to understand what the package is about without
looking at the gory details.

WDYT?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou