Subject: bug#42548: closed (Re: bug#42548: Cuirass 504 errors)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 08:18:02 +0000

Your bug report

#42548: Cuirass 504 errors

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42548: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42548
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#42548: Cuirass 504 errors
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 10:16:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> I'm still waiting a few days before closing this issue.

No issues so far, closing this one.

Mathieu

Subject: Cuirass 504 errors
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 18:10:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Back from holidays, perfect time to fix some Cuirass issues :) The
Cuirass web interface frequently serves 504 errors for all requests,
requiring a service restart on berlin.

Having a look to /var/log/cuirass-web.log it seems that we have indeed
multiple things going wrong.

A first problem is caused by checkout entries pointing to remove
inputs. This should be fix with f71f026a41d8e68e4a7f11ef6e708964594a599c
in Cuirass.

A second issue is caused when a build product download is started, then
aborted. In that case, sendfile throws an exception or enters an endless
loop.

There's a third issue, but the cause is not clear to me:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Uncaught exception in fiber ##f:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1736:10  5 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In web/server/fiberized.scm:
   160:26  4 (_)
In ice-9/suspendable-ports.scm:
     83:4  3 (write-bytes #<closed: file 7f3a4ed46310> #vu8(60 33 ?) ?)
In unknown file:
           2 (port-write #<closed: file 7f3a4ed46310> #vu8(60 33 # ?) ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1669:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1669:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
ice-9/boot-9.scm:1669:16: In procedure raise-exception:
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks,

Mathieu