Subject: [bug#42525] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add emacs-pretty-hydra.

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 21:34:52 +0300

"LaFreniere, Joseph" <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

>> Also could you take a look on running a test suite?
>
> The repo's test suite tests both pretty-hydra and major-mode-hydra.  Since
> major-mode-hydra is inheriting from and depends on this recipe, I'm assuming
> it would be rebuilt any time the pretty-hydra recipe changes.  Just to
> minimize the amount of work prying apart the repository I have left all of the
> tests to be run in the recipe for major-mode-hydra.  

Yes, it will, that's a feature of Guix.  ;-)

The ‘test’ directory contains ‘major-mode-hydra-test.el’ and
‘pretty-hydra-test.el’ which could be runned by themself AFAICC.  In
that case, if somebody will need to change ‘pretty-hydra’ recipe, he
will run the test and be sure the package functions as intended.  Would
you like take a look on this, please?

> The updated patch for that will be following shortly.

We don't hurry. ;-) Also, you don't need to attach a patch if you are
working on a thing and will send another one in a day.

Regards,
Oleg.