Subject: [bug#42516] [PATCH] doc: Extend tlp-service-type example.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 20:45:43 +0200

Brett,

Brett Gilio 写道：
>> -The service type for the TLP tool.  Its value should be a 
>> valid
>> -TLP configuration (see below).  To use the default settings, 
>> simply
>> -write:
>> +The service type for the TLP tool.  The default settings are 
>> optimised
>> +for battery life on most systems, but you can tweak them to 
>> your heart's
>> +content by passing a valid @code{tlp-configuration} as its 
>> value:

[…]

> I would replace "as its value:" with "to the service type:", so 
> it reads
> "... but you can tweak them to your heart's content by passing a 
> valid
> tlp-configuration to the service type:"

Ding.  You picked up on the same niggle that bugged me — both in 
the original & here.  I thought I'd just stared at it for too 
long.

‘Value’ is a reference to the terminology used in (gnu services). 
‘To the service type’ sounds less accurate.  I find the sentence 
close to clunky is it is; what about a short and sweet:

+The service type for the TLP tool.  The default settings are 
optimised
+for battery life on most systems, but you can tweak them to your 
heart's
+content by adding a valid @code{tlp-configuration}:
            ^^^^^^

Now I've definitely stared at this for too long.  How typical for 
a prose patch :-)

> Otherwise, it looks great to me!

Thanks,

T G-R