Subject: bug#42513: Python indentation bug when using multi-line on an if-condition

From: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 11:40:12 +0200

Hi

The following code indents correctly:
def fun(arg):
	if(                                                     
args.suppliername == "x"):
		#do something
	else:
		#do something

The following code does not indent correctly:
def fun(arg):
	if(                                                   
args.suppliername == "Messingschlager" or          
args.suppliercodename == "MS"
	): #<- culprit
		#do something
else: #<- this else is not possible to indent 1 tab
		#do something

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20)
 of 2020-05-19 built on felixonmars2

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-wide-int
 --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: sv_SE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  fci-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-src
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-macro hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-texinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-html hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-table
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-sed hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sed
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-processing hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-processing
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-eww hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-eww
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-list
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-stan hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-stan
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-makefile hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-lua hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lua
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-md hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-version hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-version
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-beamer hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-ebnf hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ebnf
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-hledger hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-hledger
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-element
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-abc hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-abc
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-man hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-J hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-J
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-groovy hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-groovy
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-coq hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-coq
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-eshell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-core hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-install
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-lint hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-lint
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-shell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-shell
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-odt hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-forth hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-forth
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-vala hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-vala
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-duration hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-duration
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-id
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-info
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/ox-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180402/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-ctags

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils cl-extra cl-print debug tango-dark-theme manoj-dark-theme
cus-theme misearch multi-isearch pp thingatpt help-fns radix-tree
help-mode cus-edit wid-edit vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode disp-table
python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize
shell pcomplete parse-time format-spec advice json map comint ring
ansi-color term/xterm xterm time-date light-blue-theme paren elec-pair
cus-start cus-load savehist windmove fill-column-indicator edmacro
kmacro multi-line multi-line-find multi-line-enter multi-line-decorator
multi-line-respace multi-line-shared s dash shut-up multi-line-cycle
multi-line-candidate eieio-compat finder-inf info package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 373621 25184)
 (symbols 48 30678 1)
 (miscs 40 514 1609)
 (strings 32 77249 2576)
 (string-bytes 1 2107931)
 (vectors 16 52116)
 (vector-slots 8 1611913 175258)
 (floats 8 115 1567)
 (intervals 56 3981 0)
 (buffers 992 17))