Subject: bug#42485: closed (Re: bug#42485: 28.0.50; Latest emacs 28.0.50 with feature/native-comp cannnot render any text in GUI on MacOS v10.15.5.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 13:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#42485: 28.0.50; Latest emacs 28.0.50 with feature/native-comp cannnot render any text in GUI on MacOS v10.15.5.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42485: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42485
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#42485: 28.0.50; Latest emacs 28.0.50 with feature/native-comp cannnot render any text in GUI on MacOS v10.15.5.
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Dang Allen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 13:33:46 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dang Allen <[email-masked]> writes:

> It's done. Please close it. Thanks again :)

Great, closing.

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]

Subject: 28.0.50; Latest emacs 28.0.50 with feature/native-comp cannnot render any text in GUI on MacOS v10.15.5.
From: AllenDang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:49:18 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After compile, double click ./nextstep/Emacs.app, the window content is
blank, all text are invisible.

It I launch emacs in terminal like
./nextstep/Emacs.app/Content/MacOS/emacs -nw, everyting works fine.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0, NS appkit-1894.50 Version 10.15.5 (Build 19F101))
 of 2020-07-20 built on AllenDangMacBookPro.local
Repository revision: 37e0dbc97242a69da9f02039f5635261a307659a
Repository branch: feature/native-comp
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.5

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Package subdirs is deprecated
ESC C-M-x M-x is undefined

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/Users/allendang/gccemacs --with-nativecomp --with-json
 --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained --with-xml2 --with-gnutls
 --with-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
 CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/10.1.0/include
 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/10.1.0/lib/gcc/10
 -I/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/10.1.0/include''

Configured features:
PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face pcase macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 60769 8731)
 (symbols 48 6125 0)
 (strings 32 15871 2202)
 (string-bytes 1 525502)
 (vectors 16 7628)
 (vector-slots 8 151727 4214)
 (floats 8 23 21)
 (intervals 56 210 0)
 (buffers 992 10))