Subject: bug#42482: 27.0.91; emacs modules memory leak

From: Milan Stanojević <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 19:02:01 -0400

I guess this fix will be included now in 27.1 but I just wanted to say
that OCaml emacs module library (https://github.com/janestreet/ecaml)
uses global refs everywhere so the leak would be very noticeable (that
is how we found out in the first place).

I'm not sure this would have been enough to postpone the release date
since I don't think ecaml has that many users (We do have 500+ devs
using and relying on ecaml but it is really a single emacs+ecaml
installation and we can patch emacs sources or just wait for 27.2)

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 1:26 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > From: Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> > Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2020 14:55:33 +0200
> >
> > > I think it's too late for Emacs 27.1, sorry.  The tarball is already
> > > made.
> >
> > If the bugfix is important enough, I can build a new RC tomorrow and set
> > the release date to the 8th of Aug.
>
> Unfortunately, a much more serious bug was reported and fixed today,
> so we will need a new RC from the latest emacs-27 branch.
>
> Thanks.