Subject: Re: bug#42482: 27.0.91; emacs modules memory leak

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 23:43:13 +0200

Am Do., 23. Juli 2020 um 19:45 Uhr schrieb Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>:
>
> > From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 16:33:12 +0200
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> >
> > Am Do., 23. Juli 2020 um 16:29 Uhr schrieb Milan Stanojević
> > <[email-masked]>:
> > >
> > > Thank you for the quick fix.
> > > Is there a chance this also goes to emacs-27 branch so it can be in
> > > the emacs 27.1 when it gets released?
> >
> > I think backporting the fix should be fine, as the fix is rather
> > localized and fixes a regression. Eli?
>
> How well was it tested?  The change is not exactly trivial.  But if
> you are satisfied with the testing enough to have this in emacs-27,
> I'm okay with that.

I'd like to have a few more test cases around global references in
emacs-27, as the current test cases only test some simple/success
cases, and we'd probably want to test at least a few more edge cases
(e.g. freeing global references in a different order than allocating
them). I've added two more test cases on master and will see that I
can add a few more in the coming days.