Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/2] gnu: Add ispell.

From: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:51:14 +0200

On 28.07.20 13:36, Jakub Kądziołka wrote:
> * gnu/packages/aspell.scm (ispell): New variable.
>
> Co-authored-by: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
> ---
>
> Hi,
>
> DESTDIR is a variable that should always be / on Guix. Its meaning is
> that the package should be installed to $DESTDIR/$prefix/bin/foo, but
> will be ran at $prefix/bin/foo - useful when you're managing the
> creation of a binary tarball manually, but useless and misleading for
> Guix.

Okay, thanks for that explanation :)

> Also, we already have an implementation of Yacc - I've replaced the
> input with Bison.

I search for yacc in my /gnu/store but there was no build of Bison so I
couldn't find it. We(TM) need definitly a tool to search binaries in all
packages :)

> Moreover, instead of patching the defaults, a configuration file is now
> created.
>
> I haven't tried spellchecking anything with ispell or using the German
> dictionary, but both packages now build.

I tested your version with LibreOffice and Icecat and it's still
working. So I'm fine with it for pushing. Thank for your review and
additional work!