Subject: [bug#42473] [PATCH] gnu: zrythm: Update to 0.8.694.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 19:08:08 +0200

Alexandros,

Thanks for discussing this!

+ ;; Zrythm contains trademarks and comes with a trademark policy 
found in
+ ;; TRADMARKS.md inside the release distribution.
     ^^^^^^^^^

Typo.

                                                    Guix has 
                                                    written
+ ;; permission to use the Zrythm trademarks:
+ ;; https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42473

So does everyone else.

This implies that Guix has some special right but AFAICT the 
linked URL does not grant a single exception to ‘unmodified 
copies’.  What's the intention behind this hunk?

Does the permission to ‘use the […] trademarks’ mean that we can 
now use them however we want?  Presumably not, but then Guix 
doesn't need any ‘written permission’ at all.  Your policy applies 
to everyone.

I'd love to see a trademark policy that doesn't mention Guix (or 
*anyone*) by name but gives us (and *anyone*) the freedom to do 
what we want to do: responsibly but independently maintain & 
redistribute a well-integrated, CVE-free ZRythm package.  I'm 
aware that I might be hoping for too much :-)

Kind regards,

T G-R