Subject: [bug#42468] [PATCH] gnu: patchelf: Update to 0.11.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 16:43:00 +0200

Michael Rohleder <[email-masked]> writes:

> Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Uh, I did not realize patchelf had 700+ dependencies (because it is used
>> for GHC), so I reverted this on 'master' and applied it on 'staging'
>> instead.
>>
>> You can check the amount of rebuilds a package change will cause with
>> 'guix refresh -l patchelf'.  It's good practice to use --subject-prefix
>> with 'PATCH staging' or 'PATCH core-updates' when emailing patches to
>> prevent overworked reviewers from breaking master on your behalf.  ;-)
>>
>> Sorry for the mishap!
>>
>
> Uh, yes, sorry for your wasted time!
>
> I checked the dependencies and wanted to send to staging, but before
> sending I got distracted from realworld and then forgot the prefix in
> the subject (and was offline till now)... Sorry! I have to be more
> careful next time!

No worries, we don't really expect contributors to know about these
things.  Sorry if my comment sounded angry, it was late.  ;-)

You've been around a while now, consider applying for commit access so
you can break master all by yourself, by the way!