Subject: Emacs 23 ido-mode vc-hg bug

From: Tracy Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:03:21 -0700

When I start emacs 23.1.1 which I compiled myself from code downloaded
from the official site:

GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) of 2009-08-05 on mail.copilotco.com

using emacs -Q (so my .emacs and site-lisp are not involved) I run
into an error when I activate ido-mode and try to exit emacs with
ctrl-x ctrl-c. Here is what appears in my Messages buffer:

("emacs" "-Q")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Ido mode enabled
Loading tramp...done
Quit [2 times]
(No files need saving)
Saving file /home/treed/.ido.last...
Loading vc-hg...done
Wrote /home/treed/.ido.last
vc-hg-registered: Args out of range: "", 0

I started emacs with -Q, then I did M-x ido-mode, then I did ctrl-x
ctrl-c. Then I get the:

vc-hg-registered: Args out of range: "", 0

error. I cannot exit emacs. I have to ctrl-z and kill it.  I suspect
vc-hg might have been activated because my home directory is under hg
version control. I'm not sure why it says "Loading tramp" there. I
did not do anything with tramp.

Please advise of any fixes/workarounds or if there is any more
information I can provide or anything I can do to resolve this.

Thanks!

-- 
Tracy Reed
http://copilotco.com