Subject: icedtea: JAVA_HOME

From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 21:09:52 -0800

Hi, I'm not going to pretend to be a Java expert, but I was trying to
build and run a Java application, and had to set JAVA_HOME manually. It
is my understanding from my research[1] that applications often will
want JAVA_HOME set to the path to the java install directory. It would
seem like it would be useful if Guix set that as well for the icedtea
and icedtea:jdk package.

If there are good reasons for that not to be, perhaps more
knowledgeable individuals will explain it.

One part I'm not quite sure about is what JAVA_HOME would be set to if
both icedtea and icedtea:jdk were installed.

[1] Many JAVA_HOME results in a Startpage.com search

-- 
Christopher Howard
p: +1 (907) 374-0257
w: https://librehacker.com
social: https://gnusocial.club/librehacker
gpg: ADDEAADE5D607C8D (keys.gnupg.net)