Subject: Re: bug#42406: Mouse-wheel scrolling can be flickering

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 21:16:59 +0100

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 10:29:20PM +0200, Konrad Podczeck wrote:
> For me, there is no difference with Emacs 28. To see this best, make the following customizations:
> 
> (setq mouse-wheel-progressive-speed nil)
> (setq mouse-wheel-scroll-amount '(1 ((shift) . 1)))
> 
> (and make sure that in the Mouse Options part of the Accessibilty
> panel of the general System Preferences of MacOS, scrolling with
> inertia is enabled.)

What version of macOS are you using? I can't get momentum working here
any more and I don't have any option that I can see in the system
preferences to turn it on or off.

I can't think of any reason that momentum scrolling should flicker
when normal scrolling doesn't, they use the exact same mechanism.

Does it happen when you run emacs -Q?
-- 
Alan Third