Subject: Re: bug#42401: 28.0.50; gnus-slave renamed to gnus-child

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 15:55:44 +0800

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
>> editors" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> For some reason, gnus-slave has been renamed to gnus-child without
>>> appropriate aliases.
>>
>> What are the missing aliases?
>
> Ah, I see that the invocations I was using for autoloading the aliases
> didn't work for interactive commands?  I've now redone this stuff with
> just calls to make-obsolete, which seems to work for me.

Nice, thanks for fixing the bug, and also thanks for being reasonable.
I've had to deal with 2 projects that broke ABI because of current
events, and refused to fix it.