Subject: Re: bug#42397: [PATCH 06/14] * lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc.el (eldoc-minibuffer-message): Fix indentation.

From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 20:40:03 +0200

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 at 13:55, Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> > On a related note: would you consider using '--no-chain-reply-to' [1]?
>> > Your patch series march off the right edge of my screen :-)
>>
>> And again, that was intentional.  I actually used "--chain-reply-to"
>> explicitly because when I didn't then mails were displayed in the wrong
>> order in the web interface.  Though thinking about that again, I now
>> think that wasn't actually the reason.  Maybe.
>
> As far as I know, the order of display in the web interface is based
> solely on the order of arrival,

My limited experience seems to confirm that.  That's pretty nasty IMO.

> not the headers (chaining does help
> for the debbugs.el interface, which shows things properly threaded.
> Except it can also hurt, as Robert points out).

Unfortunately my experiments so far have not been very scientific and I
will have to repeat some of them.  Next thing I will try is to use only

1) --batch-size=1 --relogin-delay=5

but not

2)  --chain-reply-to

If it turns out that (1) by itself works reliable, then I will gladly
drop (2).