Subject: bug#42397: [PATCH v2 00/16] Use outline headings and some cosmetics

From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 23:14:14 +0200

Here's v2.

I believe I have addressed all the feedback.

* Updated the heading conventions/tips in the manual to take the
  discussion that we had about "Code" on emacs-devel into account.

* Made "Code" section empty accordingly in commits that call for
  that.

* Adjusted the commit that removed some "end-of-section" headings to
  instead turn them into non-heading comments.  See respective commit.

* Fixed the regression pointed out by Robert.

* Drew's question has been answered.

* Took Basil's feedback into account.

* Making an effort to send the patches in a less noisy fashion this
  time around.

     Cheers,
     Jonas

Jonas Bernoulli (16):
  ; * lisp/epg.el (epg-signature-to-string): Use cl-case.
  ; * lisp/epg.el (epg-signature-to-string): Tiny refactor.
  ; * lisp/epg.el (epg-no-data-reason-alist): Fix typo in message.
  * lisp/epa.el (epa--derived-mode-p): Remove unnecessary alias.
  Split EasyPG libraries into outline sections
  Merge two conditions and fix indentation
  * lisp/progmodes/compile.el: Remove unnecessary comments.
  ; * lisp/whitespace.el: Capitalize "Code" section heading.
  * lisp/mail/smtpmail.el: Use outline headings.
  * test/src/emacs-module-tests.el: Use proper outline headings.
  * lisp/obsolete/longlines.el: Use proper outline headings.
  * lisp/net/imap.el: Use proper outline headings
  * lisp/font-lock.el: Split the Commentary into subsections.
  * lisp/font-lock.el: No longer use headings as end of section markers.
  ; * lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload.el: Begin summary line with three
    semicolons.
  Update section heading conventions for libraries

 doc/lispref/tips.texi          | 65 +++++++++++++++++++--------
 lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload.el    |  2 +-
 lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc.el       |  8 ++--
 lisp/epa-dired.el              |  1 +
 lisp/epa-file.el               | 10 +++++
 lisp/epa-hook.el               |  1 +
 lisp/epa-mail.el               | 10 +++++
 lisp/epa.el                    | 38 ++++++++++------
 lisp/epg-config.el             |  7 +++
 lisp/epg.el                    | 80 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 lisp/font-lock.el              | 30 ++++++-------
 lisp/mail/smtpmail.el          | 10 +++--
 lisp/net/imap.el               | 30 ++++++++-----
 lisp/obsolete/longlines.el     | 17 ++++----
 lisp/progmodes/compile.el      |  2 -
 lisp/whitespace.el             |  2 +-
 test/src/emacs-module-tests.el | 21 +++------
 17 files changed, 208 insertions(+), 126 deletions(-)

-- 
2.28.0