Subject: bug#4239: 23.1.50; Pause during Emacs startup with recentf-mode

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:23:38 +0200

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:28:41 +0200 Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> After your report tomorrow, I'll close the ticket.

As expected, with your patches and my init file and recentf-file, there
was now only a slight, certainly tolerable, pause after the "cleaning
recentf-list" message, so for me this problem is fixed, at least as far
as Emacs is concerned.

> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> (Still, I wonder what in my system is causing dbus-ping to hang...)
>
> Hard to say, there are 3 different pings in tramp-gvfs.el. But it
> happens only the very first time you start the system, and it does not
> depend on restart of your (windowing) session. So it shall be a ping
> towards the system bus: either the check for bluez, or the check for
> zeroconf. (In theory!) the services shall be autostarted, or the ping
> shall raise an error; both events do not happen on your system.
>
> If you are interested in, you could continue to check (you know what to
> change), but I hope the case is closed for Emacs.

Thanks for the tips and again for the quick fix!

Steve Berman