Subject: Re: bug#42366: UTF8 QR codes vs. emacs

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 16:35:53 +0200

>>>>> On Thu, 06 Aug 2020 16:44:59 +0300, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:

    >> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
    >> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
    >> Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 09:57:04 +0200
    >> 
    Eli> To clarify: the original complaint, AFAIU, was about the display in a
    Eli> GUI frame, in which case the layout is entirely ours.  You are now
    Eli> saying that the problem is on TTY frames, but there we don't control
    Eli> the layout at all.
    >> 
    >> I donʼt think I said that. The TTY frame layout looks ok, the gui
    >> frame one has what looks like extra pixels between the characters.

    Eli> Then I don't think I understand what you are saying when I look at the
    Eli> screenshots you posted.  When you say "between the characters", do you
    Eli> mean between two successive lines (i.e., vertically), or do you mean
    Eli> between two adjacent characters on the same line?

I meant between two adjacent characters (did I mix up the screenshots?
entirely possible).

With Liberation Mono, I see thin horizontal white lines (ie between
successive lines)

I guess we could put this all down to font differences.

Robert