Subject: [bug#42364] [PATCH v2] gnu: Add python-robber.

From: Tanguy Le Carrour <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 10:26:27 +0200

Hi Marius,

Le 07/25, Marius Bakke a écrit :
> Tanguy Le Carrour <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > * gnu/packages/python-check.scm (python-robber): New variable.
> 
> [...]
> 
> > +    ;; The last version tagged in Github (0.1.0) is older than the one on PyPI.
> > +    ;; Reported upstream: <https://github.com/vesln/robber.py/issues/20>.
> 
> Wow, it's concerning that someone just uploaded a fork on PyPI without
> notifying the original author, yet reuses the original home page.

He might have tried, but… the original author's email address given on
PyPI does not exist any more!

> Even more so when there are no tags matching the uploaded tarball.
> 
> I think we should adjust the home page of this package to point to the
> fork, and maybe add a comment explaining the situation.  WDYT?

I've just send a email to the author of the last commit in the second
repo. Let's see what will happen!
In the worst case scenario, I can open a claim request on PyPI and fix
the mess myself. But let's hope I don't have to do that! ^_^'

-- 
Tanguy