Subject: [bug#42357] [PATCH] add package definition for Nextcloud Desktop

From: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 20:03:51 +0200

On 15.07.20 22:29, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Guix-patches via wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Tim Magee 写道：
>> What I did is wholesale copy the entire 'sync.scm' file thinking that
>> the entire file was necessary for ownCloud in particular. I then copied
>> modified the ownCloud definition until Nextcloud would compile. I will
>> have to admit that I was a bit confused as to why the ownCloud package
>> was in a file called 'sync.scm' but I assumed that there was good reason
>> somewhere. Now that I know that multiple packages can be declared in the
>> same file, it seems that it would make more sense to place Nextcloud in
>> sync.scm as well.
>>
>> Would placing Nextcloud inside sync.scm be a better idea?
>
> The reason I suggested nextcloud.scm is that there are quite a few
> maintained plug-ins[0] (‘apps’).  It would be nice if those too could be
> installed with Guix.

I think it's not a problem to have nextcloud-desktop in sync.scm. As we
don't have Nextcloud server yet, so we could move it later.

Those apps are plug-ins for the server package, so we first need a
server package [Spoiler: I don't have one, I'm just running nextcloud
server on guix].

> While that won't happen right away, I prefer having the entire stack in
> a separate file rather than in a ‘NextCloud section’ of sync.scm.  It's
> not of vital importance :-)

Thanks Tim for bringing in this patch. I tried a few weeks back to
package nextcloud-desktop but didn't get it working... So nice that you
got it!