Subject: Re: [bug#42357] [PATCH] add package definition for Nextcloud Desktop

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 22:29:37 +0200

Tim,

Tim Magee 写道：
> What I did is wholesale copy the entire 'sync.scm' file thinking 
> that
> the entire file was necessary for ownCloud in particular. I then 
> copied
> modified the ownCloud definition until Nextcloud would 
> compile. I will
> have to admit that I was a bit confused as to why the ownCloud 
> package
> was in a file called 'sync.scm' but I assumed that there was 
> good reason
> somewhere. Now that I know that multiple packages can be 
> declared in the
> same file, it seems that it would make more sense to place 
> Nextcloud in
> sync.scm as well.
>
> Would placing Nextcloud inside sync.scm be a better idea?

The reason I suggested nextcloud.scm is that there are quite a few 
maintained plug-ins[0] (‘apps’).  It would be nice if those too 
could be installed with Guix.

While that won't happen right away, I prefer having the entire 
stack in a separate file rather than in a ‘NextCloud section’ of 
sync.scm.  It's not of vital importance :-)

I tried to apply your original mail as a patch but it failed.  It 
looks like your MUA wrapped lines where it shouldn't have, 
treating your valuable patch as mungible text.

Try sending the revised version as an attachment, or using git 
send-email[1].

T I A,

T G-R

[0]: https://apps.nextcloud.com/
Disclaimer: click at your own risk, but all the ‘apps’ I checked 
were FSDG-OK.

[1]: guix install git git:send-email