Subject: bug#42356: 28.0.50; [patch] cperl-mode: (cperl-write-tags) fails

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2020 15:39:11 +0200

Harald Jörg <[email-masked]> writes:

> This fails with "cond: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer TAGS>".
>
> I *guess* this is related to recent changes in etags.pl which need to be
> accomodated for in cperl-mode.  The function works fine in Emacs 26.1
> (as available in Debian Buster.
>
> Attached is a one-line fix, but I am unsure whether this is the right
> way to deal with it.

I'm not very familiar with the code here, but it makes sense to me.
Applied to Emacs 28.

> Note 2: No need to remind me of copyright paperwork:  I've sent
>         the form to [email-masked] on July 02, and pinged them
>         again on July 13.

And according to the copyright.list file, the paperwork has gone
through.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no