Subject: Re: bug#42350: 26.3; C-c C-c in R console buffer causes Control key to get "stuck"

From: Mark Seeto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 16:48:29 +1000

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 1:03 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Emacs 26 changed the way it reads keyboard input on MS-Windows, but
> this is the first time I hear a complaint about such "sticky"
> behavior, so it must be somehow related to R.
>
> Did you try asking on R forums about this problem?

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't asked on R forums but I asked on the Emacs Speaks Statistics
help mailing list because my first thought was that the problem was
probably caused by a change in a recent version of the ESS package.
After I sent an update with some results suggesting that it wasn't
caused by a change in ESS, someone replied to me saying that he had
the same problem, and he suggested that I send an Emacs bug report.

I've turned off all the Windows "sticky keys" and similar options I
could find (they were already turned off).

I just tried C-c C-c in a Python (Jupyter) console buffer (elpy
package), and the same problem happened in Emacs 26.3 but not in Emacs
25.2.