Subject: bug#42350: 26.3; C-c C-c in R console buffer causes Control key to get "stuck"

From: Mark Seeto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 11:39:49 +1000

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 12:49 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I suspect this is something specific to your Windows system setup,
> perhaps in combination with what R does.  Because I tried to reproduce
> what you say on a Windows 10 system without R, and couldn't.  It
> sounds like some "sticky key" feature or something similar.
>
> I very much doubt this is an Emacs problem.

Thanks for your reply Eli, and thanks for your work on Emacs.

The reason I thought it was an Emacs problem was that the problem
happens consistently in Emacs 26.3 but not in Emacs 25.3.1. But I
don't have a lot of knowledge about Emacs, so there could be something
I'm overlooking.

I wouldn't expect that you could reproduce it on a system without R,
because it only happens (as far as I know) if C-c C-c is pressed with
the right Control key in an R console buffer. It doesn't happen if I
press C-c C-c in a different buffer.

Mark