Subject: Re: [bug#42348] [PATCH 0/4] Add xdg-desktop-portal

From: Anders Thuné <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2020 22:02:10 +0200

Hi Ludo,

> It would be nice if you could check as a followup whether we can just
> upgrade ‘pipewire’ to 0.3.  See ‘guix refresh -l [email-masked]’ for the
> list of dependents to rebuild.

I checked, `mutter` currently depends on pipewire 0.2 and does
not build with 0.3.

>> xdg-desktop-portal greatly improves the usability of Flatpak-installed apps,
>> allowing them to open file chooser dialogs, open links, et.c. This was
>> requested in issue 37289.
>
> You would still need to make it a dependency of Flatpak though, no?

All that's needed is for xdg-desktop-portal and a backend to be installed
in the profile alongside flatpak. To improve the user experience, I
guess it would be good to make them a propagated dependency, yes. I
didn't do so myself since I wasn't sure if it was worth propagating
extra packages which aren't strictly necessary.

> Applied, thanks!

Great, thanks!

Regards,
Anders Thuné