Subject: Wine64 segfaults (5.12/staging)

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 11:53:51 +0200

Since commit 065a5ed677cdd1a65acae20f185d7c4bd23b1f2c wine and wine64
are upgraded to version 5.12.  The latter segfaults when doing anything
other than wine --help or wine --version.  (Try for example wine
regedit or winecfg).

The old 5.3 version continues to work after roll-back, and would
probably also work through inferiors.  I am currently checking previous
versions of wine64-staging with guix time-machine to see at which point
the error might have been introduced.  Until now, version 5.6 from
7b23a69d6b97c463cb1ef237931af11c22c19c67 fails with the following
output:

000b:fixme:winediag:__wine_start_process Wine Staging 5.6 is a testing
version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:__wine_start_process Please mention your exact
version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
0009:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "kernelbase.dll" failed to
initialize, aborting
0009:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Initializing dlls for
L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winecfg.exe" failed, status c0000005

Regards, Leo