Subject: Re: bug#42337: [PATCH] Use display-buffer to make the calc popup

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2020 16:05:40 +0200

Viktor Obeling <[email-masked]> writes:

> * lisp/calc/calc.el (calc--popup-buffer, calc):
> Allows the user to more easily customize the buffer placement by
> using display-buffer-alist.

I'm not super-familiar with how display-buffer-alist etc works these
days, but as far as I can tell, the patch looks sensible to me.

However, it's more than 15 lines long (even though much of it is
rearranging line), so to apply it, we'd need an FSF copyright
assignment.  Would you be willing to sign that?

If so, here's the thing to get you started:

----

Please email the following information to [email-masked], and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]
Emacs

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no