Subject: swh-download with https->http

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 03:52:58 +0200

On Thu, 09 Jul 2020 at 02:36, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> guix build -L . hi

[...]

> Trying to download from Software Heritage...
> Backtrace:
>            4 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/s56y8npabah6jc1bqrhsac6wqb1?")
> In ./guix/swh.scm:
>    573:13  3 (swh-download "https://github.com/zimoun/hello-example?" ?)
>    224:22  2 (call "https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/revi?" ?)
> In web/client.scm:
>     563:0  1 (http-get "https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/?" ?)
>     231:6  0 (tls-wrap #<closed: file 7ffff5f1b690> _ # _)
>
> web/client.scm:231:6: In procedure tls-wrap:
> Error while printing exception.

[...]

> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

To avoid, this error which should be a missing certificate, I switch to
'http:' instead of 'https:' in %swh-base-url.  The error is then:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Trying to download from Software Heritage...
Backtrace:
           2 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/s56y8npabah6jc1bqrhsac6wqb1?")
In ./guix/swh.scm:
   573:13  1 (swh-download "https://github.com/zimoun/hello-example?" ?)
   243:16  0 (call "http://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/revis?" ?)

./guix/swh.scm:243:16: In procedure call:
Throw to key `swh-error' with args `("http://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/revision/e1eefd033b8a2c4c81babc6fde08ebb116c6abb8/" #<procedure http-get (uri #:key body port version keep-alive? headers decode-body? verify-certificate? streaming?)> #<<response> version: (1 . 1) code: 302 reason-phrase: "Found" headers: ((date . #<date nanosecond: 0 second: 59 minute: 38 hour: 1 day: 9 month: 7 year: 2020 zone-offset: 0>) (server . "Varnish") (x-varnish . "19881791") (location . #<<uri> scheme: https userinfo: #f host: "archive.softwareheritage.org" port: #f path: "/api/1/revision/e1eefd033b8a2c4c81babc6fde08ebb116c6abb8/" query: #f fragment: #f>) (content-length . 0) (connection close)) port: #<closed: file 7ffff5f1b690>>)'.
builder for `/gnu/store/9f6648zb0p9z6hxr31wz3d7fm7ndcxzx-git-checkout.drv' failed with exit code 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Because I hit the rate limit, I need to wait at least one hour...
Follow-ups soon. :-)

Cheers,
simon