Subject: bug#42271: closed (Re: bug#42271: 27.0.91; Variable global-auto-revert-ignore-modes not working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 07:33:01 +0000

Your bug report

#42271: 27.0.91; Variable global-auto-revert-ignore-modes not working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42271: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42271
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#42271: 27.0.91; Variable global-auto-revert-ignore-modes not working
From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Gustavo Tavares Cabral <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 09:32:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Good, pushed and closed.
Thanks again for the report!

Subject: 27.0.91; Variable global-auto-revert-ignore-modes not working
From: Gustavo Tavares Cabral <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 15:16:56 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 The variable global-auto-revert-ignore-modes is not working anymore (it
was working with Emacs 26.3). I've fixed the bug by removing the apostrophe
character of the
following line (file: autorevert.el, function:
auto-revert--global-add-current-buffer):

  (not (memq 'major-mode global-auto-revert-ignore-modes))

Steps to reproduce:

(progn
  (require 'autorevert)
  (setq global-auto-revert-ignore-modes (list 'Buffer-menu-mode))
  (setq global-auto-revert-non-file-buffers t)
  (global-auto-revert-mode t)
  (list-buffers))

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30,
cairo version 1.16.0)
of 2020-07-04 built on gustavo-Lenovo-ideapad-330-15IKB
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
#<window 7 on *Buffer List*>
Mark set
Making completion list...
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.

Configured using:
'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-modules --with-sound=yes
--with-file-notification=yes --with-mailutils --with-cairo'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2
GMP

Important settings:
value of $LANG: pt_BR.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
global-auto-revert-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr pp cl-print cl-extra thingatpt help-fns
radix-tree help-mode dabbrev emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils autorevert filenotify cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 54950 31553)
(symbols 48 6444 2)
(strings 32 19050 1937)
(string-bytes 1 575717)
(vectors 16 10323)
(vector-slots 8 135740 9174)
(floats 8 35 22)
(intervals 56 354 130)
(buffers 1000 16))