Subject: bug#42270: closed (Re: bug#42270: 28.0.50; cc-mode indentation issue with attributes)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 16:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#42270: 28.0.50; cc-mode indentation issue with attributes

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42270: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42270
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#42270: 28.0.50; cc-mode indentation issue with attributes
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 16:45:45 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Ergus.

On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 23:55:58 +0200, Ergus wrote:
> Hi Alan:

> The fix solved the reported problem. If I get any error I will report
> ASAP, but for me this solves the issue.

Thanks for the testing!  I've committed the patch to the master branch,
and I'm closing the bug with this post.

> Very thanks
> Ergus.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Subject: 28.0.50; cc-mode indentation issue with attributes
From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 19:03:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi:

Working in C++ I am getting this indentation difference when arguments
has attributes or not:

TaskDataAccesses(TaskDataAccessesInfo taskAccessInfo)
	: _lock(),
	  _accesses(),
	  _accessFragments(), _taskwaitFragments()
{
}

TaskDataAccesses(__attribute__((unused)) TaskDataAccessesInfo taskAccessInfo)
: _lock(),
_accesses(),
_accessFragments(), _taskwaitFragments()
{
}

The problem seems to be that in the first case the `:` indentation
symbol (C-c C-o) is recognised as `member-init-intro` (correct) but in
the second one it is detected as a `topmost-intro-cont` which is
actually wrong.

Best,
Ergus

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 10, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2020-07-07 built on ergus
Repository revision: df3ece9d2ed61c9526dbf718e3c96d72bd53dccb
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/ergus/.local/ --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils term/tmux term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 48788 5097)
 (symbols 48 6074 1)
 (strings 32 15630 1699)
 (string-bytes 1 506737)
 (vectors 16 7254)
 (vector-slots 8 75610 8410)
 (floats 8 22 231)
 (intervals 56 180 0)
 (buffers 992 10))